Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Marlborough man in court over wounding charge
9:28am Monday 23rd December 2013 in News
A man who admitted carrying out a serious assault in Marlborough has now accepted he intended to do it.
Dylan Hunter changed his plea to guilty on a charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
The 21-year-old had already admitted the lesser charge of unlawful wounding and the case had been put off for a trial date to be set.
But the defendant was brought back before the court where he changed his plea to the more serious charge.
Hunter, of Kennet Rise, Marlborough, admitted assaulting Joseph Donnelly in the early hours of Saturday, July 20 this year.
Judge Douglas Field adjourned the case to Friday, January 24 and released him on conditional bail until then.
He told him he not to contact the victim and said he must stay out of licensed premises, unless buying non-alcoholic products.
And he warned him "The fact that you are being granted bail should not be taken as any indication of the final outcome of this case."