Man accused of burglary is banned from Royal Wootton Bassett (From The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald)
Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Man accused of burglary is banned from Royal Wootton Bassett
9:52am Monday 16th September 2013 in News
A man who is accused of burgling a house in Royal Wootton Bassett has been banned from the town unless passing through in a car or bus.
Paul Christian is said to have stolen a computer and other items during an alleged raid on a house in Beaman's Lane on Monday August 19.
No charge was out to the 40-year-old during the brief appearance at Swindon Crown Court on Friday and he did not enter a plea.
Christian, who lives with his mother in Goatacre, had been on bail with a condition banning him from Royal Wootton Bassett.
After hearing how that made it very difficult to get to and from the Jobcentre, doctor’s surgery and other appointments in Swindon, a judge changed the conditions.
The court heard that most of the time he was ferried about by his mother and they had to avoid going through the town, extending the length of the journey.
Judge Euan Ambrose said the defendant would only be allowed in the town if he was passing through in either a bus or a car.
The judge also altered his 7pm to 7am curfew to allow him into the garden of his mother’s house in Iles Court after hearing they were finding it difficult to get on in the cramped surroundings.
He adjourned the case to Friday November 22 when Christian is expected to enter his plea to the allegation.