Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Fire at sheltered flat in Devizes
3:30pm Thursday 10th January 2013 in News
Firefighters were called to a sheltered flat in Devizes on Thursday afternoon after a waste paper bin caught fire.
Two crews from Devizes fire station were called to the incident at Chantry Court in Gains Lane at around 1.30pm.
The occupant of the flat was out of the property when the crews arrived after extinguishing the fire in the bin. But there was heavy smoke logging to the second floor of the building and firefighters used mechanical ventilation to clear the smoke.
An ambulance was called as a precaution but no one was hurt.