Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
North Swindon (House of Commons)
Mr Justin Tomlinson MP (Conservative)
Surgery: Swindon Conservative MPs Constituency Office
1 Milton Road
Surgery Tel: 01793 533393
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 7,060 Born - 05/1/1976. Married (Halina).
Education - Harry Cheshire High School, Kidderminster. Oxford Brookes University (BA Business and Marketing).
Previous Occupation - Worked for First Leisure (1999-2000). Ran his own company called TB Marketing (2000-10).
Personal Overview - An experienced local campaigner, who turned success at a Local Government level into parliamentary representation. He has a career background running a local marketing company in Swindon, which has specialised in providing printing, marketing advice as well as websites. He has been a Councillor locally for a number of years where his roles have included Lead Member for Cultural Services, Recreation and Leisure (2005-2010). Within local Conservative politics, in his role of North Swindon Conservative Campaign Co-ordinator he was successful in co-ordinating local election campaigns.
Political History - Councillor, Swindon Borough Council (Abbey Meads) (2000-). North Swindon Conservative Deputy Chairman (2001-04). Chairman of National Conservative Future (Young Conservatives) (2002-03). General Election candidate for Swindon North (2005). MP Swindon North (2010-). Member of the Joint Committee on Consolidation Bills (2010-). Member of the Public Accounts Select Committee (2012-).
Characteristics - Has played football informally at the local Link Centre.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
- Consolidation Bills: Joint Committee (Member)
- Public Accounts Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Betting and Gaming Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Football Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Global Education for All (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Global Uncertainties (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Heart Disease (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Learning Outside the Classroom (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Leisure Group (Chairman)
- Libraries Group (Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Micro Businesses (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Retail Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on School Food (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Town Centres (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Vascular Disease (Member)
- British-South Pacific Group (Member)
South West (European Parliament)
Earl William of Dartmouth MEP (UK Independence)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 23/09/49. 10th Earl of Dartmouth.
Education - Eton. Christchurch College, Oxford. Harvard Business School.
Previous Occupation - Chartered Accountant, working in the United Arab Emirates (1975-77). Worked in the US for 6 years before returning to work in the UK in 1983 in finance, property and communications. Director, Hanson Transport. Chairman and Founder of Kirklees Cable.
Personal Overview - Former Conservative Peer who defected to the UK Independence party successfully gained election to the European Parliament at the 2009 elections. From a background in accountancy, he has worked in several countries, including the United Arab Emirates and US. A former Hereditary Peer, he lost his seat in the House of Lords in November 1999 in the Lords reforms of that year. Having reinvented himself as a UK Independence member he has the opportunity to use his accountancy skills to highlight any financial issues within the EU.
Political History - General Election candidate (Conservative) for Leigh (February 1974), Stockport South (October 1974). Succeeded his father to became a member of the House of Lords (1997-99). European Parliament candidate (1999). Joined the UK Independence Party (2007). Current prospective parliamentary candidate for Exeter. MEP South West Region (2009-). Member of the Committee on International Trade (2009-). Substitute member of the Foreign Affairs Committee.
Other Information - At Oxford he was elected Secretary of the Oxford Union.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: 32(0)2 28 49735
Interests: Business & Finance
- Foreign Affairs (Substitute)
- International Trade (Member)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org