Members Of Parliament in Broadwaters, Kidderminster, Worcestershire - The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald
Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
Wyre Forest (House of Commons)
Mr Mark Garnier MP (Conservative)
Surgery: 9a Lower Mill Street
Surgery Tel: 01562 823820
MP Since - 2010 Majority - 2,643 Born - 1963 (London), Married (Caroline), 3 children (Edward, Jemima and George).
Education - Charterhouse School, Surrey.
Previous Occupation - City Banker - investment banking/management particularly with respect to emerging economies in South East Asia and Eastern Europe. Management Consultant - SME advice on strategic planning.
Personal Overview - Maintained his candidacy in Wyre Forest after being rejected by the local electorate in 2005. He reduced Richard Taylor MP majority by two-thirds in 2005 and comfortably erased it at the following General Election. Taylor was a former medic who worked at the local Kidderminster General whose electoral appeal was grounded in his total opposition to plans to downscale the local hospital's functions. His successor will need to be acutely aware of the local electoral turmoil those plans caused and therefore be sensitive to local sensibilities. Given the local Conservative resurgence at Borough, County and Parliamentary elections across Worcestershire he should have good grounds for establishing a decent Westminster career, though his age may now militate against a front-bench role should he fail to quickly impress the ever watchful Party Whips.
Political History - Councillor, Forest of Dean DC (2003-07), Parliamentary Candidate, Wyre Forest (2005), Member for Wyre Forest (2010-). Member of the Treasury Select Committee (2010-).
Characteristics - Governor, Kidderminster College. Freeman, City of London - sits on the Court of the Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers - largely now a commercial/charitable body supporting aerospace, automotive and rail industries. Enthusiastic photographer and a county standard target rifle shot. His constituency contains part of the Severn Valley Railway, running steam and diesel trains on the former GWR branch line between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth.
Business Tel: 020 7219 3000
Interests: Business & Finance,Health
- Treasury Committee (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Aerospace (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Children (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for Diabetes (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Economics, Money and Banking (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for European Reform (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Financial Education for Young People (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Game and Wildlife Conservation Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Heritage Rail (Treasurer)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Infrastructure (Secretary)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Combating Metal Theft (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Packaging Manufacturing Industry (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Primary Care and Public Health (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group on Retail and Business Crime (Member)
- Parliamentary Space Committee Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Telehealth Group (Vice Chairman)
- All-Party Parliamentary Group for the Waterways (Member)
- Azerbaijan Group (Member)
- All-Party Parliamentary China Group (Member)
West Midlands (European Parliament)
Ms Anthea McIntyre MEP (Conservative)
MEP Since - 2009 Born - 29/06/1954 Married (to Frank Myers MBE).
Education - Queens College.
Previous Occupation - Joined MCP Systems consultants as a trainee (1985). Partner in MCP Consultants (1991-), an independent consultancy specialising in business intelligence systems. Partner in Wythall Estate, a family small-holding enterprise.
Personal Overview - An experienced political campaigner who entered the European Parliament in December 2011 after an additional UK seat had been created following the Lisbon Treaty. She had previously stood for election to the European Parliament in 2009 She has a successful business background and has managed large international projects for large companies such as IBM, 3M and GEC in the UK and Europe. Was notable as being the youngest County Councillor in England in 1977 when elected to Hereford and Worcester County Council. She has also been an Ambassador for the Federation of Small Business Real Life Entrepreneur Campaign and is a former FSB County Secretary.
Political History - Councillor, Hereford and Worcester County Council (1977-85). Regional Chairman of the 1999 European Election campaign. General Election Candidate for Warley West (1983), Redditch (1997), Shrewsbury and Atcham (2001). MEP West Midlands Region (2011-). Conservative Employment Spokesman (2012-).
Other Information - Won the European Woman of Achievement Award for Business. Has been Chair of the Herefordshire Conservative Business Forum She is a Sunday School Teacher. Her family have lived in Wythall in Herefordshire since 1520. She has an interest in wildlife photography.
Intergroups - N/a.
Business Tel: +32 (0)2 28 45106
Interests: Business & Finance,Agriculture
- Agriculture & Rural Development (Substitute)
- Civil Liberties, Justice & Home Affairs (Member)
- Employment & Social Affairs (Substitute)
Information supplied by Goveval. Send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org