Fire breaks out on Savernake Hospital ward

The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: Fire breaks out on SavernakeHospital ward Fire breaks out on SavernakeHospital ward

Patients at Savernake Hospital had to be moved while firefighters tackled a small fire last Wednesday.

A crew from Marlborough attended the hospital at 6.30pm where an electric motor in a waste disposal unit had caught fire.

The situation was resolved at 7.50pm and patients and staff were allowed back onto that area of the ward.

A spokesperson for Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust said: “Staff were alerted to smoke on a ward caused by a burnt out motor part of a waste disposal unit. Four patients were moved to a safe part of the ward. We thank the fire service and our staff who maintained patient care.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree